logo
Toll-Free: (800) 653-1494

Press Releases

June 1, 2012

GSA - PBS Heartland region selects ATI Systems for its Wireless Public Address System

Acoustic Technology, Inc. (ATI Systems) of Boston, MA was awarded a half a million dollar contract for the design and installation of a state of the art wireless public address system for the GSA - PBS Heartland region, Kansas City, MO.

ATI was selected based on providing superior voice and tonal clarity.  In addition, the new system's strength is that it allows for a variety of notification methods to be utilized such as text messages, telephone alerts, email and desktop alerts.  The system interfaces easily to the existing internal analog phone system for activating from any phone.  This system will provide real-time, dynamic information to everyone on the property and in the immediate vicinity during emergencies.

The new system features 14 of ATI's Indoor Speaker Units (ISU) with over 1000 2 watt ceiling speakers for indoor coverage and over 50 15 watt horn speakers for outdoor coverage and 2 control stations for activating, controlling and monitoring the entire system.

The two control stations will be used to activate, test and monitor the ISU alerting units.  Through tone alerts, pre-recorded voice messages and live public address, everyone affected by an emergency are immediately notified how to respond.  The key advantage to the ATI system is the company's proprietary acoustic modeling that ensures clear and precise sound audibility and voice intelligibility throughout the facility.

The central control stations are configured with ATI Systems' proprietary MassAlert® software.  The software features advanced graphics and monitoring capability that offer the operator a simple, intuitive interface, which is easy to use even in the most stressful emergency situations.  ATI's advanced MassAlert software utilizes a graphical user interface for overall control and monitoring of the system.

ATI worked in conjunction with CMI Technologies on the installation phase of the project. The installation was completed April 23rd, 2012.